Sharing your Ancestry.com Family Tree with others
Many people use the FamilyTree service of ancestry.com to store and manage their family genealogical data. However ancestry.com is a fee-based service - and you cant just share a "url" (web link) from ancestry.com with your friends and just expect that they can just click on it like any other link. When they do click on the link - they will be required to log on to ancestry.com (and it may be that they don't even have a paid account with ancestry.com). There is a facility, however, to share one's ancestry.com family tree with a person who is not an ancestry.com member. Below are the steps to follow so you can "invite" a friend to see your tree in ancestry.com (giving them access to view and navigate the family tree - without having a paid ancestry.com account)
1. On the main tool bar under “Family Trees” select “Other”
2. All trees will be listed. On the one that you want select “Manage tree”
3. Select “Sharing”
4. All invitees listed - Select “+Invite People”
5. Select “Email” or Username” if they have Ancestry account.
6. Enter email or username, select role (privileges allowed), add personal note, and click on “Send invites”